Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Decision to Enroll at Miami

Hi everybody. My name is Alex Rosenblum. I'm currently attending Henry Sibley High School in St. Paul, Minnesota. As a prospective university student, I had no idea what university I would be attending next year. I applied to ten universities around the Midwest and visited five universities, trying to find the one I wanted to go to. I knew choosing the right university for me would be a difficult decision to make, but over time I chose to enroll in Miami for a couple of reasons and let me tell you why.

Before visiting the campus, I didn't really consider moving to Ohio, because I was so focused on going to a university close to Minnesota. It was not until I saw the campus for what it really was that I made my decision to enroll at Miami. During my visit, I saw a university with people that were very friendly, the most beautiful campus I have ever seen, and school spirit that rocked the university. I attended a macroeconomics class and had dinner with some prospective students visiting the university. It was really great. The other reason why I chose to attend Miami of Ohio was because the university seemed to act as a small liberal arts university even though there are 14,000 undergraduate students. Class size and student to professor ratio are very important to me. Miami of Ohio University gives me the opportunity to get more help from teachers and tutors than a typical large university offers.

After enrolling at Miami, I knew it would be a difficult decision moving away from my family and friends. Inside myself, I felt comfortable enough to move away from Minnesota because my dad, who attended Yale, inspired me to explore a university outside Minnesota. I also didn't have a problem moving away from Minnesota because I didn't want to attend the same university that my high school friends were going to and I wanted to meet new people from around the country and the world.

As a new prospective student at Miami, I am looking forward to an exciting university experience including making new friends, getting involved in university activities like intramural broomball and succeeding academically. I am also looking forward to finding the perfect major that fits me and my aspirations for the future. I hope other people find what they want to do while at Miami. Go Redhawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment